Saturday, May 12, 2007

New Directions

Yesterday it was announced that I will be one of the Assitant Principals at McKendree next year. Cindy is quite excited, or seems to be and so far, I've not heard any bad feedback from others on staff, only compliments from some, so that makes me feel good. I hope that I've read all the signs correctly and that this is what God wants for me. I think I do have leadership skills to offer the staff as well as being connected with the students in a different way in this position. First responsibility will be that of Summer School so that is the first task to handle, although all the prep work has been done so running the program will be the bulk of the responsibilities.

It was great being able to tell the kids and my brother, sisters, and parents about the new job. They were all very pleased. It is a little hard, though as I thought I'd always share this with my spouse. Steve does know, he evidently found out through someone at his school who got the notices about new appointments. He did send a congratulations note through email. Nice, but of course not "the same". But, it seems that I'm into changing things by the decade! 2 decades in the classroom, 1 decade as the tech coordinator, and now next year I'll start a new decade in education as an administrator.

Sus and I went to dinner last night and wanted to watch an outdoor concert of Collins Hill's and two other high schools' Jazz bands, but alas, the rains came during dinner and didn't stop so we opted to come home. We then thought about going to Relay for Life at the fairgrounds, but as the rain kept falling we decided not to go there, either. So it was a movie night, instead.

I've been twice now to LA Fitness and have survived the Step Class both times. So far that's all I've done. It's fun, and I hope that soon I'll take advantage of my free personal trainer hour. Then I'll know about which machines would be best for me. I got a letter from them allowing a family member a free membership through the end of May so we'll see if Susanna is interested at all.

Used the 2nd half of a gift certificate to get my nails done today- the girl that did them was amazed that the last time I had them done was before Christmas!!! Told me I needed to spend more time on myself! Not something I'm accustomed to doing but am learning to do that more and more. Of course, getting my nails done and working in the yard don't go together so I have to coordinate the timing!!!

Guess that's about it today!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I haven't had the courage to use the free session with a personal trainer yet. I guess I feel that before I do that, I should be in much better shape! ha! Kind of how if I ever got a maid, first I'd get the house spotless because I'd be embarrassed for anyone to see it in need of any cleaning. Crazy!

Happy Mother's Day (slightly early)!

Patti said...

I have my session scheduled for Wednesday- basically he said they'll talk to me about my goals and show me how to use the machines that will help me most, correctly. I totally understand the maid analogy as I agree- I think I tell this guy that I can forgo to measuring and bodyfat measurement- just show me what to do!