Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Happy Day!

It's a good day! Beautiful outside, the kind of weather that makes you love the area. I walked last night at Mulberry Park and the greens of the trees and the grass were just amazing.

Susanna comes home today! Yippee! She has one exam today and then she can pack the car, return her books, spend her last pennies on her meal plan, and head home!

Thomas had good news yesterday. He has been offered a new scholarship- one that combines support from the local and district church/conference and if it comes in addition to the other monies he has been offered, then he will be more comfortable this next year as he commutes back and forth from D.C. to Ferrum.

We are on the home stretch for the school year. Last day for the kids is the 23rd of May. They are excited, to say the least. May 10th will be the night I find out if I'm "approved" as an Assitant Principal for the next school year. I hope that I'm following God's lead in pursuing this! There are days when I wish I could retire as I can think of other things that are fun to do, but "I'm young" I'm told and too young to retire! Hmmm...

There are three "birthday girls" this month- Emily, Joanne, and Rebecca, in that order!

Mom had outpatient surgery yesterday for a kidney stone. She's been battling one for over a week, and didn't notice it passing, but when she went in for the surgery, the x-ray didn't show the stone in the tube any more. But the doctor decided to look around anyway to be sure there was no damage and no remnants that were not showing up. She did well and was home around 1:00pm. MaryGayle is there to help mom/dad, so that is good.

All in all, a good day, and so far a good week!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

We're having a small party for Emily on Saturday. I'm not sure if Steven has called you about it yet or not! (He might have forgotten...) We'd love for you to come. My parents said they'd be glad to carpool if you like! We're starting early-ish (like an early lunch I guess) because I have a rehearsal and a concert on Saturday afternoon/evening.

Emily is so excited! The first words out of her mouth most mornings recently have been all about her birthday!

Rebecca said...

PS- May is a popular birth month! Today is my dad's birthday and yesterday was Christi's (my old roommie) birthday and my friend Susan's birthday is the 26th!