Thursday, May 17, 2007

Just thoughts

I've had a good week, Mother's Day was very nice- thanks to all that helped make it that way! Card, calls, gifts, music, and breakfast in bed...all very much appreciated!

The tasks at work are coming fast and furious right now and with Gary leaving, he's starting to tell me things that I'll need to do so those new tasks are building on ones I need to finish for this year and it's somewhat stressful, but I'm managing and I know to take it slow and "just breathe" so it all gets done.

We have a situation at work that I can't go in to, but one that needs prayers- someone is being challenged on things that were or were not done and their integrity is being challenged. This person is ready to resign at the end of the year as the tension this has caused has taken the joy out of the job. The hopes are that nothing truly bad will happen as I do believe this person would not intentionally do anything wrong. Those who are checking things out are digging hard to find things that I don't think are there.

Susanna gets to play the part of a driver for me tomorrow as I'm having my first (oooh, I'm so excited) colonoscopy. Hope you know that I'm sarcastic about being happy! Today has been 'liquid diet day' which hasn't been as bad as I thought but lots of good food at school today in celebration of end of year activities that I had to pass by : ( Should be done and back home by 10:30 or so in the morning and then will probably sleep most of the day away. Just a "You're 50 and need a baseline" scan- no problems that we know of and hopefully there won't be any!

Three of my friends from school and I are giving Robin a party on the evening of the 26th as she has been at McKendree for so long and she is now leaving to be an LSTC at another school. Hope we can get everything together in time! It should be fun!

Had a pleasant visit from Rachel Kay Tuesday night...came over around 10, talked and caught us up on her boyfriend (Sean) and Joneen's beau (Cliff) and the fact that Ken has gotten married. She found out at an event at school when he introduced someone to his wife. She was a little hurt as she didn't know they had gotten married! She spent the night as it was late, spent Wednesday with Susanna and Joneen came over to pick her up to go shopping that afternoon. Good to see her for a few minutes.

Guess that's it...

No comments: