Sunday, May 27, 2007

30 years...

Technically, Friday ended my 30th year in education...wow! I'm holding positions by half-lifes...teaching 20 years, tech coordinator for 10 years, now beginning as an administrator...wonder if I'll be ready to retire in 5 years?

The week was quite hectic, as was to be expected. Lots to do before people leave the building, and for the most part, it all got done, but there are "left overs" that still need to be accomplished. I will be changing offices, I'll be up in the front of the building but opposite the clinic, actually in Mr. Schaeffer's office as he moves next door. Phone number will stay the same so that doesn't have to change. Truth be told it is in the same geographical location as the Mac lab was 10 years ago, before renovations were done. Moving is this week's task, for one.

We gave a party for Robin Saturday night- it was fun. Susanna was a big help in getting things here ready and then three people from school helped with food and paper products...leftovers consist of chicken strips, fruit and...anyone want some cake???? We wrote "questions for an LSTC" for Robin that she had to read and answer- I think she had a good time wiht that. I think we had a total of 30-40 people here including the kids that came so that was good. She's kind of nervous about changing schools and being the LSTC but she's also excited. Now we'll see if I can "let go" of LSTC tasks when adding AP things to my 'to do' lists!

It's very smoky in the Metro Atlanta area today, makes going to the pool not quite so enticing. Hopefully it will go away so we can enjoy the day and the rest of the weekend!

No comments: